Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Garden and a handy Pesticide

So don't judge by the pics, but its actually doing pretty well considering there are weeds everywhere. I'm just going to say it makes it look more organic.

Oh and at some point while my tomatoes were just barely growing tomatoes, they began to get little white bugs growing on them. I never knew what species of bug they were, but I found a great home-made recipe for pesticides.

First, you take a spray bottle [I just got a 12 oz. one from Ace] and put one or two drops of dish soap. The only thing you need to avoid in the dish soap is antibacterial. For some reason, in every blog or article I read about this method, antibacterial soap is the worst choice, because it kills the plant.

So you've got one or two drops in the bottle, put about fl. oz. of water in the bottle and shake it up well. Then just spritz the part of the plant with the bugs lightly. They should be gone within two or three days. Don't do it more than twice a week, or it could be bad for your plant.

For me it worked great! I sprayed one branch that was covered in them, and ALL of them left.



Jalepeno flowers

Jalepenos, Crooked-Neck and Straight Neck Squash

My lovely tomatoes

  
It legitimately grew a half a foot the next day, and I'm 5' 7" 









No comments:

Post a Comment